How To Cook Pasta
Many people always ask me ‘how to cook pasta?’
And ‘what’s the best way to cook pasta?’
So I decided to write this post with a few tips on how I cook pasta which I learned many years ago from my mama in Sardegna, Italy.
You may cook it differently and I’m not saying my way is the best way to cook pasta but one thing I do know is it tastes great and all my customers love it! Hope you will too!
- Put a pan of water on to boil, add salt.
- When boiling add pasta of your choice.
- Read on the packet how long it takes to cook. Many pasta has different cooking times so its important to read the recomendations.
- You may have heard the term ‘Pasta Al Dente’. The Italians eat pasta ‘al dente’ untill tender but still slightly firm to bite. Use a wooden spoon to stir the pasta and you should be able to feel the firmness of the pasta. With cooking you should feel this change and become softer.
- If on the packet it says boil for example 9 mins cook only for 7-8 mins to achieve ‘al dente’
- If you do not like your pasta ‘al dente’ just cook for how long it says on the packet.
- Then empty into collander, put your sauce in the pan you have just used and then add your cooked pasta.
A tip then add a little cream a little grated fresh parmagiano and serve.
And for more great italian recipes check out my new italian cookbook ‘Born a Chef’